$10,000 life insurance policies are a popular choice for those looking to lift the burden of their end-of-life expenses off their loved ones.
These affordable policies provide the funds needed for funeral and burial costs, which average around $9,000-$11,000 in the United States.
Moreover, the relatively low premiums and lenient underwriting of smaller policies make them a great option for people who aren’t in good health and who are looking to save money.
In this article, you’ll learn about:
- The types of life insurance policies available that offer ten thousand dollars of coverage.
- The average monthly cost.
- The best companies that sell $10,000 life insurance policies.
Your Options For $10,000 of Life Insurance Coverage
There are two types of life insurance: term life insurance and whole life insurance. Let’s take a look at each.
Term Life Insurance
Term life insurance is designed to provide coverage for a specific period, usually 10, 20, or 30 years.
Term life policies aren’t available at a coverage amount of $10,000, as these policies need higher face amounts to be profitable for life insurance companies.
Term coverage starts at $25,000 or $100,000 because the cost to the life insurance company to underwrite and administer the policy would not be economically feasible for a 10000 term life insurance policy.
Whole Life Insurance
Whole life insurance policies provide coverage for your “whole life”. Premiums are locked in at purchase and stay the same for life.
Whole life insurance policies are a good option for a $10k life insurance policy because they provide permanent life insurance protection without high premiums.
In addition, they have guaranteed cash value growth over time, which can be withdrawn or borrowed against at any time for any purpose. This makes it a safety net and a potential financial asset.
Two types of policies are available for $10,000 whole life insurance.
Simplified Issue Life Insurance
The first type of policy available is “simplified issue life insurance”. This type of policy doesn’t require a medical exam but does ask health-related questions.
It’s a good option for those who want to avoid the medical exam process, have minor health issues, or want quicker approval.
Approval is faster than traditional life insurance policies requiring a medical exam, and more health conditions may be accepted.
For this type of policy, premiums for $10,000 of coverage start at $40 monthly for a 65-year-old woman.
Guaranteed Issue Whole Life Insurance
Your second option is guaranteed issue whole life insurance. These policies do not require a medical exam AND they do not ask health questions.
Older individuals or those with serious health conditions who may not qualify for most life insurance policies because approval is guaranteed regardless of health status or pre-existing conditions.
However, these policies typically come with higher premiums and lower coverage amounts and have a graded death benefit, meaning the full death benefit is not paid out if the policyholder dies of natural causes within the first two years of the policy.
What is the cash value of a $10000 life insurance policy?
With whole life insurance policies, a portion of your premium payments goes into a savings account that sits within your policy, called a cash value account. The cash in this account is your policy’s cash value. You can withdraw this or borrow against it anytime for any reason.
Typically, in the policy’s early years, your cash value will be low because a large portion of your premiums are directed toward the insurance company’s costs and the death benefit. Over time, as you continue to pay your premiums and as your cash value accrues interest (tax-deferred), the cash value of your policy increases.
How much does a $ 10,000 life insurance policy cost?
In this section, we’ll show you your whole life insurance quotes for both simplified issue and guaranteed acceptance policies.
Life Insurance Rates for Simplified Issue
The life insurance rates shown below are for $10,000 of whole life insurance for male and female non-smokers of different ages.
|Age||Male||Female||Age 40||$21||$19||Age 41||$21||$20||Age 42||$22||$20||Age 43||$22||$21||Age 44||$23||$21||Age 45||$23||$22||Age 46||$24||$23||Age 47||$25||$23||Age 48||$26||$24||Age 49||$26||$24||Age 50||$27||$24||Age 51||$28||$25||Age 52||$29||$26||Age 53||$30||$26||Age 54||$31||$27||Age 55||$32||$28||Age 56||$33||$29||Age 57||$34||$30||Age 58||$36||$31||Age 59||$37||$32||Age 60||$38||$33||Age 61||$40||$34||Age 62||$42||$36||Age 63||$44||$38||Age 64||$46||$39||Age 65||$48||$41||Age 66||$50||$43||Age 67||$52||$46||Age 68||$55||$48||Age 69||$57||$50||Age 70||$60||$52||Age 71||$63||$55||Age 72||$67||$58||Age 73||$71||$61||Age 74||$74||$64||Age 75||$97||$71||Age 76||$105||$77||Age 77||$112||$82||Age 78||$119||$87||Age 79||$127||$92||Age 80||$134||$97||Age 81||$145||$104||Age 82||$155||$111||Age 83||$166||$118||Age 84||$177||$125||Age 85||$187||$132||Age 86||$226||$164||Age 87||$264||$197||Age 88||$302||$230||Age 89||$341||$262|
Life Insurance Sample Rates for Guaranteed Issue
The average monthly cost of $10,000 of guaranteed acceptance whole life insurance for men and women of different ages is shown below.
|Age||Male||Female||Age 46||$49||$62||Age 47||$50||$64||Age 48||$52||$66||Age 49||$54||$68||Age 50||$44||$34||Age 51||$47||$37||Age 52||$50||$39||Age 53||$53||$41||Age 54||$56||$43||Age 55||$58||$44||Age 56||$60||$46||Age 57||$61||$47||Age 58||$62||$49||Age 59||$63||$50||Age 60||$64||$51||Age 61||$69||$54||Age 62||$73||$57||Age 63||$77||$59||Age 64||$81||$61||Age 65||$85||$63||Age 66||$89||$66||Age 67||$92||$68||Age 68||$94||$71||Age 69||$97||$73||Age 70||$99||$76||Age 71||$108||$83||Age 72||$117||$90||Age 73||$125||$96||Age 74||$133||$103||Age 75||$139||$108||Age 76||$163||$124||Age 77||$185||$138||Age 78||$207||$152||Age 79||$227||$165||Age 80||$247||$176|
Life Insurance Companies That Sell $10,000 Final Expense Insurance Policies
GetSure works with 18 highly reputable companies to find you the most competitive prices based on how much final expense life insurance you need and your individual circumstances. Below are 3 of our most popular plans, which most seniors qualify for.
Aetna Final Expense Insurance
Aetna Final Expense Insurance is a whole life insurance plan from Continental Life Insurance Company of Brentwood, TN, an affiliate of Aetna. It provides a death benefit to help cover final expenses like funeral costs so surviving family members are not burdened.
- Requires no medical exam for approval.
- Life insurance rates do not increase with age if timely payments are made.
- Depending on age, offers flexible face amounts from $2,000 to $50,000, so you can get exactly how much coverage you need and can afford.
- Allows for the buildup of cash value over time, which can be borrowed against for any reason.
- Riders such as Accelerated Death Benefit, Accidental Death, and Children’s Term Insurance are available.
- Backed by Aetna, a leading insurance company that has been in business for over 150+ years.
- Focuses on providing quality products, timely claims payment, and excellent service.
The Aetna Final Expense policy aims to provide affordable, flexible coverage to help individuals pre-plan final arrangements and protect loved ones.
Transamerica Final Expense Insurance
This whole life policy is from Transamerica Financial Life Insurance Company and Transamerica Life Insurance Company. It provides a death benefit to help cover final expenses like funeral costs so surviving family members are not burdened financially.
- Requires no medical exam for approval.
- Automated underwriting provides fast approval, sometimes same-day.
- Face amounts from $1,000 to $50,000, depending on age.
- Includes accelerated death benefit riders at no extra cost. Optional riders are available for additional premiums like accidental death.
- Death benefits paid directly to beneficiaries are generally income tax-free.
- Can access guaranteed cash value through policy loans if needed.
- The expedited claims process quickly pays up to a $25,000 death benefit.
- Part of Aegon, an international life insurance and pension company with over $1 trillion in assets under management globally. This provides strong financial backing.
- Over 100 years of experience providing insurance and retirement solutions for individuals, families, and businesses. Established history in the industry.
- Licensed agents with expertise in meeting insurance needs for the communities they serve. Local support from knowledgeable professionals.
Transamerica’s final expense products offer quick acceptance and flexible lifetime coverage to fund final wishes.
Mutual of Omaha Living Promise
Whole life insurance policy from United of Omaha Life Insurance Company Purpose – Provides a death benefit to help cover final expenses like funeral costs so surviving family members are not financially burdened.
- Two plans: Level benefit (ages 45-85, face amounts $2k-$40k) and Graded benefit (ages 45-80, face amounts $2k-$20k).
- No medical exam is required, just health questions.
- Premiums never increase, benefits never decrease.
- Build cash value that can be borrowed against.
- Includes accelerated death benefit rider for terminal illness or nursing home confinement.
- An optional accidental death rider is available.
- Part of Mutual of Omaha, a Fortune 500 mutual company.
- Offering insurance and financial products for over 100 years.
- Strong financial backing and highly rated.
In summary, the Living Promise plan from Mutual of Omaha provides a customizable permanent policy to help pre-fund final expenses and ease the financial burden for loved ones.
How to Buy Life Insurance With a $10,000 Guaranteed Death Benefit
Compared to fully underwritten policies, the application processes are easy and fast for simplified issue insurance and guaranteed issue life insurance.
Simplified issue requires limited medical information, while guaranteed issues skip underwriting altogether, allowing those in poor health to still obtain coverage for funeral expenses.
A licensed insurance agent from GetSure can help you assess the best option.
What is the application process for simplified issue coverage?
The simplified issue whole life application process is straightforward.
- The applicant fills out a basic application with personal details and answers a set of “yes or no” health questions. There is no full medical exam required.
- The insurer will then approve or decline coverage based on the health information provided and a check of the applicant’s prescription drug history.
- If approved, the whole life plan is issued in as little as one business day.
How do you apply for a guaranteed issue life insurance policy?
Applying for guaranteed issue whole life insurance is even simpler.
With guaranteed issue, there is no medical exam and no health questions.
As long as you meet the age and residency-based eligibility criteria, you are guaranteed to be issued coverage.
The trade-off is higher premiums.
Guaranteed issue policies are available from carriers such as AIG and Gerber Life for coverage up to $25,000.
In summary, you have two good options to get $10,000 of life insurance coverage. Both of these options offer a guaranteed death benefit with fixed premiums.
You can choose a simplified or guaranteed issue policy depending on your health status, age, and budget.
Ultimately, life insurance is vital for covering final expenses and avoiding financial burdens on loved ones. Even a small $10,000 whole life policy can make a significant difference.
Exploring the available options and weighing the pros and cons will lead to the right policy choice to meet coverage needs and budget constraints.
With many carriers and plans to select from, consumers can find affordable life insurance with nearly any medical history or budget.
GetSure can help you complete this essential part of financial and end-of-life planning.